This webinar focuses on child care reopening in Ontario, based on the Ministry of Education Operational Guidance During COVID-19 document. We walk through how to get organized with your team, communicating with parents and key things to pay attention to when returning to childcare and beyond. One of our attendees has also graciously shared her centre’s pandemic policy document with us as a reference!
Check out theses useful lists and templates to help with your reopening process:
- Ontario Resources Folder (access to all resources mentioned in the webinar)
- Lakeview Center Pandemic Policies & Procedures (Essex-Windsor County)
- Parent Handbook Template
- Parent Survey Template
- Childcare Supplies List
- Dealing with Behavioral Changes After Reopening
- How to Introduce Masks At Your Center
- Planning is key – Make sure that you have a plan before launching your reopening. Open your doors when you’re ready!
- Communicate, communicate, communicate – Connect with your staff and parents to tell them about the key changes and highlight what to expect. This will minimize any issues and confusion when you do reopen.
- Make it fun! – Things finally seem like they are on track to go back to “normal”, think of this as the first day of school all over again and make the experience fun (while staying safe!).
Superstar comments from our audience
Huge shoutout to Corrine Manning from Lakeview Montessori School for sharing her Pandemic Procedures & Policies with us as a reference point for other centres. Please note that it is based on Essex-Windsor County Health unit recommendations and adapt it for your own local area.
Want to connect with your ECE community?
Join the ECE Professionals Slack Group to share ideas, connect with like-minded people, and be part of a growing community. Join here.
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.