In this webinar, Andrew Roszak, Executive Director of the Institute of Childhood Preparedness shares his thoughts on the second wave, what this means for cold and flu season in 2020, thoughts on the flu shot, and the long-term outlook for childcare safety as we prepare for 2021.
🖥️ Watch Recording
🎓 Certificate Instructions
To receive your certificate, you will need to watch the whole recorded session on WebinarJam. The certificate is shared at the end of the session at the bottom of the chat bar. You can download the PDF, fill out your name, and center name in the blanks and you’re done!
🔍 Key Takeaways from Andrew Roszak
Executive Director at the Institute of Childhood Preparedness
- Make sure that staff is trained on your sick policy AND communicate this to parents often so that everyone’s on the same page!
- If you have access to flu shots in your local area, get out there, and get one. Make sure to chat with your physician, as each flu shot is different depending on your medical condition.
- Regular safety precautions are still very important on top of dealing with COVID-19. Make sure to check you are using extension cords properly and change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Air purifiers are helpful if ventilation is an issue. HEPA air purifiers are good to use, BUT take precautions when changing the filter – wear a mask, gloves, or go outside.
- Institute For Emergency Preparedness Corona Virus Training Bundle (10% off code HIMAMA10 applies to all courses)
- Pre-order Andy’s book “Preschool Preparedness After the Disaster”
- Cold & Flu Season During COVID-19: A Director’s Guide
- What To Do If Someone Tests Positive For COVID-19
- [Webinar] Child Care Pandemic Policies For COVID-19
Laura – One of my favorite quotes is “if you don’t pick a day to relax, your body will pick one for you”
Christi – My pediatrician says 2 weeks before Halloween is optimal for getting a flu shot. Two weeks before Halloween when spreading germs has been generally significant
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.
Photo Source: vector stock