In this session of the HiMama Helps Webinar series, we talk about how to run your own virtual circle time to support distance learning during COVID-19. We go through the planning process, ideas for activities, equipment for filming and editing, as well as tips on how to engage parents.
- Miss Kiah’s Spring Circle Time video
- Online book resources:
– Epic Digital Library
– Storyline Online
- Check out how Anna Ileto from The Buffalo Zoo uses HiMama For Distance Learning
- Emotional Domain Activity Ideas for Circle Time
- Full COVID-19 Resource Hub
🎤 Our Special Guest
Himama’s Community Ambassador – Kiah Price, RECE
🧪 Key Learning Outcomes
- Plan your session to keep you on track
- Prep all materials in a bin so you have everything in one place
- Lights, camera, position! Set yourself up for success by creating a filming zone
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Have fun with it and go with the flow!
Kiah Price is one of HiMama’s resident Registered Early Childhood Educators. She has been an early educator since 2010 and has worked mostly in the preschool room and has experience with infants, toddlers and children with special needs. She loves coming up with activities that are fun and educational for parents and kids! Kiah is the face of HiMama Circle Time and Daily Activities on Youtube and Instagram.
✨Audience Shout outs!
My son is the tech for me, we have a youtube channel!
We have been doing weekly group times with are whole class. 2 and 3 year olds. We find muting after we all say hello helps the children focus and engage with the teachers. We sing the name song, read a book and on teacher plays piano while we sing familiar songs. Starting to add felt stories. Its about 15 to 20 minutes. Also have met with each family one on one. This is all on zoom. Also send out activity suggestions 3 x a week.
We had a virtual crazy hair day zoom meeting ! It was so fun! Parents loved it as well as the kids!
Things I’ve done are: Show and Tell, Treasure hunts for favorite toys, or different colors, reading stories, singing songs with lots of movement, asking questions, and showing them cool things like me juggling!
🖥️ Watch Recording
- Download the recording here – if you want to pause or fast forward to take notes.
- You can find the slides here.
- Watch it on WebinarJam – Includes chat comments on the side.
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.
Cover Photo Credit: Dean Colin