In this webinar, our in-house early learning specialists, Kiah Price, and Ria Simon share tips and strategies on how to celebrate different holidays from around the world, in your own classroom.
🖥️ Watch Recording
Watch the recording here.
Access slides here.
Check out our Daycare Activities Database! (We promise you’ll love it)
🔍 Key Takeaways from Kiah and Ria
- Holidays around this time can have a huge focus on religion and belief. Consider the symbols around each holiday if you’re not keen on having the religious aspect.
- It’s all about learning, even as an educator! Taking time to check your bias as you learn more about different cultural beliefs is also important.
- Take the time to involve your families. Ask them what holidays they celebrate this way you can celebrate throughout the whole year and plan for appropriate activities.
- Celebrations can be a unique experience for your classrooms!
- Make sure you have all the facts and don’t be shy to seek help from people who celebrate certain holidays. You don’t want to instill the tourist approach in children.
- Take time to invest in quality books, and plan activities around them. This way children can relate to the story and you create more meaning behind the activity.
- [Blog] 5 Fun Christmas Crafts For Kids For 2020
- [Blog] 3 Fun Hanukkah Crafts For Kids For 2020
- [Blog] Diwali Crafts For Kids For 2020
- [Webinar] Diversity & Inclusion In Early Childhood
- [Blog] Teaching Diversity to Preschoolers without the “Tourist Approach”
- [Blog] Children’s Books to Open the Conversation on Abilities
🎉ECE Of The Year!🎉
The Nominations are in!!
🎓 Certificate Instructions
To receive your certificate, you will need to watch the whole recorded session on WebinarJam. The certificate is shared at the end of the session at the bottom of the chat bar. You can download the PDF, fill out your name, and center name in the blanks and you’re done!
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.
Image from: ReDiscover