In this webinar, we have our special guest Amanda Shroyer walk us through how her team is working to build a sense of community, what they are doing to support teachers, and talk about some of the challenges they have overcome while reopening.
🖥️ Watch Recording
🎓 Certificate Instructions
To receive your certificate, you will need to watch the whole recorded session on WebinarJam. The certificate is shared at the end of the session at the bottom of the chat bar. You can download the PDF, fill out your name, and center name in the blanks and you’re done!
🔍 Key Takeaways from Amanda Shroyer
Tips from Amanda:
- Feedback is key – make sure to get it from both your families and your staff!
- Build on the strengths of your team members. If you have someone who is great at budgeting, let them own that piece!
- Visual markers are really helpful for encouraging social distancing at the center. You can get really creative about it with stickers as physical markers.
- Loop parents in to support with providing COVID-19 supplies – it helps spread out getting more materials and gets the community involved.
- Calm, clear and direct communication is important when there is a change in procedure or schedule. Get real with your team with where you are too as it builds trust.
Debra – I am blessed to have an amazing Education manager and lead teacher that really support and rally around their staff. And my coworkers, we are 100% supporting each other with any questions or concerns.
Kari – Give yourself that “I can’t do this anymore!” day. Because you can and you will!
Stacy – No matter our feelings about all of this, we need to have compassion for the way other interpret things…
Cherrie – The Federal CARES Act provided low-interest loans specifically to help small businesses.
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.