Are you considering opening your own preschool?
Whether you are currently employed as an early childhood educator, or you are new to the field and interested in starting your own business, there are many factors to consider.
We’ve compiled the list of pros and cons to consider before taking the plunge and starting a preschool program. There will be many challenges, as well as many rewards. That being said, let’s take a closer look at some factors to take into account when considering opening your own preschool.
- You’ll be part of a very rewarding experience as you help children learn and develop in their important formative years.
- If you love working with children, going to work every day will be a positive experience!
- Some will enjoy the entrepreneurial challenge of running their own business and exploring areas like marketing, operations, finances and more.
- You will be able to implement your own personal ideas and methods to educate children, and have complete control over your programming. As the owner, you can choose the best staff, technologies, equipment, etc.
- As an early childhood educator and preschool owner, you’ll bring value to the world through working with children, providing jobs for your community and being a customer of preschool suppliers.
- Running a successful preschool can be tough from a financial perspective as a result of the high costs associated with licensing and proper staffing.
- You must be willing to take on a serious responsibility when it comes to the health and safety of staff and students, so financial and emotional risk is high.
- Building a child care facility and program from the ground up will take a lot of hard work, and both financial and time investments on your part.
- You may find operating a child care facility to be a thankless job. Your preschoolers are unlikely to be thanking you for your efforts, so you’ll have to be motivated by your own passion and interests
How Much Does It Cost to Open a Preschool?
There are many factors that can affect how much it will cost to open your own preschool business. Depending on the size of your facility, its location, and the quality of care you would like to provide, costs can add up quickly. A home daycare business can be opened for a few thousand (if that), while a larger preschool could be closer to $100,000.
To help determine how much your preschool will cost, use our free child care budget template!
Are You Ready to Open Your Own Preschool?
Before you start thinking about opening your own preschool, consider this: Do you have the drive – and ability – to run a small business? You’ll have to put in countless hours of work, and may or may not be as successful as you had hoped. If you believe you have the work ethic and dedication that it takes to run your own business, you may be able to combine your love of working with children with the thrill of operating your own preschool.
Remember that you must also have the talent and skill to teach other educators how to teach children. In order to carry out your curriculum and activities, your staff will have to learn from you. Do you have the ability to teach, manage and organize employees? Overall, you’ll have to be a hardworking, incredibly organized individual to get things done each and every day to get your preschool up and running and on its way to success.
Have you recently opened a preschool or child care facility? Or are you thinking about starting your own business? Get the best in child care technology on your side with the HiMama app. We’ve designed our software for busy educators like you to streamline tasks and make keeping track of your daily duties much easier! Contact us today if you’d like to learn more.
- How to Create a Child Care Center Business Plan
- When is the Right Time to Open a New Child Care Center in My City?
- Complete Guide to Starting & Growing a Home Daycare
- How to Run a Home Daycare with Technology
Embed This Infographic On Your Site (copy code below)
<div><a href="https://blog.himama.com/opening-a-preschool/" title=”Pros & Cons of Opening a Preschool Program” alt=”Pros & Cons of Opening a Preschool Program” border=”0″/><img src="https://blog-himama-com.exactdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/opening-a-preschool.jpg" /></a><br/><br/> <div> Courtesy of: <a href=”https://www.himama.com/”>Himama</a></div></div>