In this webinar, we talk about how to use a trauma-informed lens to work through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- ACEs Quiz
- The Whole Brain Child by Dan Seigel [Book]
- STARR Commonwealth
- Trauma Informed Resilient Schools [Course -Free for a limited time!]
- Therapist Aid
- Bumblebee Breath Exercise!
- Leaders’ Lounge on Brain Science hosted by Charle
Key Takeaways from Charle Peck
- Trauma is personal – It is any experience that leaves a person feeling fearful or hopeless and can be a real or perceived threat.
- The mind & body connection – Stress affects the mind & body. To calm the mind, start with breathing exercises to calm the body.
- Practice empathy – When working with young children who are acting out, a good first step is to get curious and ask “why”
Shoutouts from the audience
I have done the self study online course from STARR titled Trauma-Informed Resilient Schools
for First Nations we sing with the drum lullaby and heart beat drumming
To receive your certificate, please follow the steps below:
- Download the certificate
- Save as PDF or print a copy
- Fill out your name and center name & you’re done!
Want to connect with your ECE community?
Join the ECE Professionals Slack Group to share ideas, connect with like-minded people, and be part of a growing community. Join here.
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.