In this webinar, we have our special guests Leslie Peters, and Jamie Campbell enlightens us with their reopening experiences, talk about the challenges they faced, and how they overcame them with their staff and families. They also shared how they supported their teachers and families through it all.
🖥️ Watch Recording
🎓 Certificate Instructions
To receive your certificate, you will need to watch the whole recorded session on WebinarJam. The certificate is shared at the end of the session at the bottom of the chat bar. You can download the PDF, fill out your name, and center name in the blanks and you’re done!
🔍 Key Takeaways from Jamie Campbell
- It takes a village! Having a connection and “we’re here together” attitude helps to keep your center community strong.
- Anxiety is real. Rules are changing fast for everyone and this will fail. That is OKAY! The swiss cheese analogy – it’s like stacking swiss cheese slices with holes on top of each other. In the end, there are no holes and you have a sandwich!
- Kids are resilient and if you make it fun, they’ll feed off your energy. Parents might be the ones feeling like it’s a Sci-Fi and that’s an important thing to remember
🔍 Key Takeaways from Leslie Peters
- Getting parents and kids back into the center is going to feel a little difficult in the beginning. BUT just as we help kids with new transitions and routines, it gets better with practice!
- If symptoms appear in a child, contact parents immediately and the child has to be picked up within the hour. Then, they have to get tested OR get cleared by a doctor before coming back. If they are positive, it depends on the exposure and then deciding whether it’s just a section of the school or the entire school that’s closing. Leslie has 3 levels in her “fix it” plan.
- Links to resources:
– NYC BOE School reopening plans
– Reopening New York: Childcare and Day Camp program
– LPB Consulting Firm
– Can NY Hol doff a second wave?
– Chancellor of NYC discuss reopening
Dorothy – Our staff and parents are working together daily in teams of transparency of what we are doing to control the spread of COVID-19
Linda – Slow down, breathe, go for a walk. Don’t watch social media or the news. Cut back and protect yourself.
To all the educators out there, you are ALL amazing! There is no book for this, and now more than ever do not be afraid to stand up and say how you feel. Create a plan to work together and we will get through it, like an infant, one step at a time.
The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications. Book a consultation with us today to learn how we can support your child care center during this time.