In this session, we were joined by Dr. Cara Goodwin, Clinical Psychologist, and Owner of Parenting Translator. Dr. Cara dove into aggression in young children and how it is part of normal development. She also gave educators and parents tips on ways to prevent aggression, tips on how to effectively manage aggression through emotion coaching, and coping strategies to use.
🎤Our Special Guest!
Dr. Cara Goodwin, Psychologist, Founder of Parent Translator
Dr. Cara Damiano Goodwin, PhD is a licensed psychologist and a mother of three children. She specializes in child development and has spent many years doing research in child psychology and neuroscience, assessing children for developmental problems, conducting therapy with children of all ages, and training parents on how to use the most recent scientific findings to help their children. Dr. Goodwin founded Parenting Translator with the mission of taking recent scientific research and translating it into information that parents can use in their everyday lives! She provides free resources for parents through her website Parenting Translator and Instagram account @parentingtranslator. Her goal is to help busy parents by providing information on scientific research that is useful, accurate, and relevant!
🧪Key Learning Outcomes From Dr. Cara
- Aggression is developmentally normal in young children.
- Parents and educators can help prevent aggression by preparing children in advance, praising the positive opposite, and determining the function of the behavior.
- Parents and educators can effectively manage aggression through emotion coaching.
- When educators help children to engage in coping strategies and are encouraging children to repair their relationships.
- [Podcast] – Working with Children with Developmental Delays
- [Webinar] – Teaching Children with Developmental Delays and Autism
Connect with Dr. Cara
- [Website] – www.parentingtranslator.com
- Follow her on Instagram: @parentingtranslator
- Check out Dr.Cara’s book on her website or on Amazon
📅What’s Next on HiMama Helps?
Space is limited and you don’t miss out on our next webinar, register today to reserve your spot!
🖥️ Watch Recording & 🎓 Certificate
Click below to get the slides, certificate and recording sent right to your inbox!
⭐Connect with us!
Running a Child Care Centre is Hard…
We’d love to make it
a little much easier! Did you know that parents are increasingly evaluating childcare centers on whether they offer digital parental communication, photo and video updates, and contactless check-in and billing? The HiMama child care app helps to streamline your digital parent communications, join the family today and get a quote!